Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Month of St. Joseph

Blessed be St. Joseph
most holy spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Patron of a Happy Death
Patron of the Universal Church
the Holy Worker
Friend of Poor Souls in Purgatory
and Personal Patron to my own Fatherhood
May he continue to bless us and pray for us at the Throne of his tender Son, who deigned to glorify him with the title of Foster Father of the Word Incarnate. Through his glorious intercession I have received the necessary graces to fulfill my role of loving father to my newborn daughter. I pray that devotion to him may lead to a greater awareness of the importance of fatherhood in our society. Amen.

Thank you to Catholic Church Conservation for providing us all with these wonderful artistic depictions of the role of my favourite Saint, Joseph - the husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The photo above is from the Birmingham Oratory's St. Joseph Altar, which features a mosaic above it depicting his betrothal to Mary.

For some wonderful information and material relating to this inspiring figure of Holiness and Devotion to our Lord, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment