Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lacrimarum Valle in Deutschland

I enjoy looking at referrals on the Sitemeter feature. I love seeing how people find this blog, especially so I can network with other bloggers. I stumbled across a German Blog: Credo Ut Intelligam! Having not paid a great deal of attention to my Year 8 German class, I used the help of Google Translator to understand what this great nation is saying about me. Here it is, verbatim:
Lacrimarum Valle made itself on the search for the biographic anchorage of the “master of the rings” in the life J.R.R. Tolkiens. After a suggestion for Rohan and the old person forest he presents now two towers, which lay on Tolkiens way to the service in the Oratorium of Birmingham.
Fantastic! The above must be read with a German accent. Hurrah for the universal Body of Christ and for the universal language of Latin (which Google Translator can't currently help us with!)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Matt,

    I used to have friends in Birmingham... are you talking about this? (When I was in Birmingham in April '03, I thought it was just a thing my friends were saying... lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have mentioned, the post he was referring to is my part III of Tolkien's guide to Birmingham.

    I keep passing one of his old houses near the Oratory (blue plaque on the side of a nursery)and meaning to capture it on photo for the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huzzah! So it is.

    If I may chime in on the debate, though: it is Minas Tirith ('tower of Strength', old name Minas Anor ('tower of the Sun')), and Minas Morgul ('tower of Death', old name 'Minas Ithil ('tower of the moon')).

    Muggins was very sad and read all of Tolkien's published and posthumously published works.

    ReplyDelete