Friday, November 03, 2006

One in the Oven!

Mac McLernon over at Mulier Fortis has taken an interest in my wife's pregnancy! Therefore I thought it high time I posted some pictures of the fantastic situation! We've had both 10 week and 21 week ultrasound scans, and here is a copy of the latter:

At this point it was affirmed that we are expecting a little girl! Wow! So we've already started calling her Madeleine. The baby girl clothes are also accumulating (lets hope the radiographers were right!!)

My wife, Wendy, is doing great and is really enjoying pregnancy (although it seems to exclude baltis at the moment, which cause acid indigestion). Here is a pic which she has agreed to show the blogging world:

This was taken at her sister's wedding, where she was maid of honour, 2 months ago. I'm afraid I will have to upload the camera to get a more recent 'bump shot', which I can't be bothered to at the moment!

Please pray for a healthy pregnancy and that we both receive the necessary grace to be good parents!

O almighty and everlasting God, through the Holy Spirit, you prepared the body and soul of the glorious virgin Mary to be a worthy dwelling place of your divine Son. Through the same Holy Spirit, you sanctified St. John the Baptist, while still in his mother's womb. Hear the prayers of your humble servant who implores you, through the intercession of St. Gerard, to protect Wendy amid the dangers of childbearing and to watch over the child with which you blessed us. May this child be cleansed by the saving water of baptism and, after a Christian life on earth, may we, both father, mother and child, attain everlasting bliss in heaven. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Please pray... that we both receive the necessary grace to be good parents!

    Starting off with prayer sounds like you're well over halfway to achieving that one!

    I'll keep all three of you in my prayers during the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am SO SO happy for your both!

    I will certainly pray for Wendy for the pregnancy and child-birth.

    Stick close to God & the Church and you will be great parents! and then when the going gets tough....get even closer!

    lotsa love
    -x-x-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps- when do you actually take your finals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you and your wife. You will be in our prayers.

    I remember well having a baby while in medical school. One of my classmates said it best when he said that I will be on call every night for the rest of my life. I wouldn't want it any other way.

    I can't sign in to your blog because I have a beta blog, but my blog name is

    dadwithnoisykids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, St. Gerard is the Patron Saint for expectant mothers. Don't ask me why though! Most important in out little story is Our Lady of Walsingham, whose prayers are directly responsible for our little Maddy. But that's another story!

    ReplyDelete