Friday, October 05, 2007

Blogging Over!


I've had enough with this stupid blogging culture.

Lately I have only seemed to upset people, spark controversy, and damage friendships. Why this is, I don't always know: but my sincerest apologies to anyone I have offended or angered.... So, I have made the educated decision to cease with the 'blogging' approach to this website. Of course, it will continue to technically be a blog, but I will reserve publishing for original well thought-out, researched articles. That is opposed to posts thrown together because "I'd better write something."

This will inevitably mean far less visitors to the blog, and this will probably take the pressure off me when the weekly statistics come in. It seems to me that the more posts I write, the more hits I get, but I would rather go for a 'quality not quantity' approach. Especially for my own benefit; to further my thoughts and ideas in a more constructive way.

Additionally, within my circle of friends and family who have small children, there seems to be an incredible wariness to make baby photos and stories public, so I can only conclude that I have become seriously silly and irresponsible by pasting Madeleine's life all over the internet. It is probably a good time to stop now before she gets any older.

In many ways this blog has taken on a life of its own; mainly along the lines of advertising the Birmingham Oratory's splendid liturgy (and I'm not even doing that very well anymore). Since I have been blogging for nearly a year, this will only go over old ground and repeat reports on festivities which are, basically in appearance, the same every year. I feel up to this point I have painted an interesting picture of our life in the Oratory parish (we hope to actually live in its borders when we buy our own house) which I hope will have benefited others as well as forming a good record for myself.

One shortfall that I regret is not writing more about healthcare ethics. Now, I feel I am in an awkward position because patients will potentially be able to 'google' me very easily and find out the hidden life of their doctor. It would make sense, therefore, to take considerable time and effort to produce some articles on healthcare ethics, which will have more substance than any of the rubbish I write about on the spur-of-the-moment. Expect to see a slow dribble of this kind of writing as I research and write it.

Lately I have been spending a lot of time preparing for my late brother's ten year commemoration, which will include a Requiem Anniversary Mass, eulogy booklet, and video-slideshow. I will publish extracts of this after the 13th October, when our reunion will have taken place. Extended projects like these, which I have worked hard towards, will enjoy a place on this site.

And finally many thanks to everyone who has prayed for and taken an interest in my life over the last year: it has really helped to affirm my faith, and given me confidence to persist and persevere in this Vale of Tears...

Comments off - Sorry!