Saturday, January 20, 2007

Waiting with Baited Breath...

I have received many enquiries into how Wendy is getting along, and whether Maddy has shown herself yet! Well, all I can say is that it is currently a period of blissful waiting, like the calm before the storm, you might say! After my hectic exams (it really wasn't that bad!) I feel liberated and relaxed, with a week off in which to, hopefully, see the delivery through and get to know Maddy.

Maddy is being baptised very early on, in February, which is already booked. So as not to make our lives completely public (and due to limitations in the saying of private masses) I will not be posting all the details here. But if you really would like to come and meet the new addition to our family, get in touch via email and I will give you the details.

Here is a picture of us beside the beautiful baptismal font where Maddy will be joyfully incorporated into the Body of Christ; liberated from the way of the flesh; and born anew in the Spirit whereby God's grace will divinise her life. It is the most exciting thing we, as parents, can provide for her. I hope to reflect on the important theme of baptism in the coming weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Eeek!

    Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camera in church? - how dreadfully post Vatican II!

    Can't wait for my god-daughter to come =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Au contraire, Andrew: Having my camera in church that day was to record an event rather pre-conciliar! Although, I admit, digital cameras are extremely modernist!

    ReplyDelete