Friday, April 14, 2006

Station VIII

V/: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee (genufect)
R/: Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Nolite flere super me,

Do not weep for me,

sed super vos ipsas flete

but weep for yourselves

et super filios vestros

and for your children.


My Jesus, laden with sorrows, I weep for the offences I have committed against Thee, because of the pains they have deserved, and still more because of the displeasure they have caused Thee, who hast loved me so much. It is Thy love, more than fear of hell, which causes me to weep for my sins. My Jesus, I love Thee more than myself; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory be...

12. Tui nati vulnerati,
Tam dignati pro me pati,
Poenas mecum divide.

12. That of your wounded Son, who so deigned to suffer for me, I may share the pain