Friday, April 14, 2006

Station III

V/: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee (genufect)
R/: Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Jesus cadit.

Jesus falls.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

The grieving mother stood

Juxta crucem lacrymosa,

weeping beside the Cross

Dum pendebat Filius

where her Son was hanging.


My Jesus, it is not the weight of the cross, but of my sins, which has made Thee suffer so much pain. Ah! by the merits of this first fall, deliver me from the misfortune of falling into mortal sin. I love Thee, O my Jesus; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory be...

4. Quae moerebat et dolebat,
Pia Mater, dum videbat
Nati poenas incliti


4. Who mourned and grieved, the pious Mother, looking at the torment of her glorious Child

5. Quis est homo qui non fleret,
Matrem Christi si videret
In tanto supplicio?

5. Who is the person who would not weep seeing the Mother of Christ in such agony?