Friday, April 14, 2006

Station IX

V/: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee (genufect)
R/: Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Jesus cadit.

Jesus falls.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

The grieving Mother stood

Juxta crucem lacrymosa,

weeping beside the Cross

Dum pendebat Filius

where her Son was hanging


Ah! Mine outraged Jesus, by the merits of the weakness Thou didst suffer in going to Calvary, give me strength sufficient to conquer all human respect, and all wicked passions, which have led me to despise Thy friendship. I love Thee, Jesus, my love, above all things; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory be...

13. Fac me tecum, pie, flere,
Crucifixo condolere,
Donec ego vixero.


13. Let me sincerely weep with you, bemoan the Crucified, for as long as I live

14. Iuxta crucem tecum stare,
Et me tibi sociare
In planctu desidero

14. To stand beside the cross with you, and to join you in your weeping, this I desire