Friday, April 14, 2006

Station VII

V/: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee (genufect)
R/: Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Jesus cadit.

Jesus falls.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

The grieving Mother stood

Juxta crucem lacrymosa,

weeping beside the Cross

Dum pendebat Filius

where her Son was hanging


My most sweet Jesus, how many times Thou hast pardoned me, and how many times have I fallen again, and begun again to offend Thee! Oh! By the merits of this second fall, give me the necessary help to persevere in Thy grace until death. Grant that in all temptations which assail me I may always commend myself to Thee. I love Thee, Jesus, my love, above all things; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory be...

10. Fac, ut ardeat cor meum
In amando Christum Deum
Ut
sibi complaceam


10. Grant that my heart may burn in the love of Christ my Lord, that I may greatly please Him

11. Sancta Mater, istud agas,
Crucifixi fige plagas
Cordi meo valide.

11. Holy Mother, grant that the wounds of the Crucified drive deep into my heart.