Friday, April 14, 2006

Station IV


V/:
We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee (genufect)
R/: Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.
My sweet Jesus, by the sorrow Thou didst experience in this meeting, grant me the grace of a truly devoted love for Thy most holy Mother. And thou, my Queen, who wast overwhelmed with sorrow, obtain for me, by thy intercession, a continual and tender remembrance of the passion of thy Son. I love Thee, Jesus, my love, above all things; I repent of ever having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory be...

6. Quis non posset contristari,
Christi Matrem contemplari
Dolentem cum Filio?

6. Who would not be able to feel compassion on beholding Christ's Mother suffering with her Son?