Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The 2007 Catholic Blog Awards

I was excited to register my vote for some of my favourite blogs. There were so many to choose from, and I had to abstain from a few categories through lack of experience, sticking only to blogs I regularly visit (as indicated on my blogroll). I was very pleased to recognise all those outstanding bloggers, who I have come to know and love, who were up for vote. So imagine my surprise when I find that this blog, Lacrimarum Valle, has been nominated for:

Best Overall Catholic Blog
Best New Catholic Blog

Wow! I am so touched! I have no idea how the nomination process worked, and assume that my nominations are down to one crazed lunatic. But regardless, thank you so much to all my readers for supporting me and obviously thinking I deserve some sort of recognition for my humble achievement.

I am always struck by how kind and considerate the Catholic Blogging community are (which includes the anonymous commenters too). The prayers offered up for me and my family are, I am sure, quite invaluable. That has always been the most touching thing for me.

So my thanks again, and if you feel like voting for me in either or both of these categories, go here. Voting is only open until Sunday, February 18th. Your continued support is much appreciated. And for those of you who have just found me through looking at the nominations: Welcome! I hope you enjoy my Blog, if only half as much as I enjoy writing it.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the nomination. Now of course you have to return the favor... me being the Fuzzy Overlord and all.

    http://warmandfuzzytrads.blogspot.com/2007/02/more-on-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the Doyle coat of Arms?
    Wow, full armorial bearings!

    ReplyDelete