Friday, April 14, 2006

Station V

V/: We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee (genufect)
R/: Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.
My most beloved Jesus, I will not refuse the cross, as the Cyrenian did; I accept it, I embrace it. I accept, in particular, the death Thou hast destined for me, with all the pains which may accompany it; I unite it to Thy death; I offer it to Thee. Thou hast died for love of me; I will die for love of Thee. Help me by Thy grace. I love Thee, Jesus, my love, above all things; I repent with my whole heart of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always, and then do with me what Thou wilt.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory be...

7. Pro peccatis suae gentis
Vidit Iesum in tormentis,
Et flagellis subditum.


7. For the sins of his people she saw Jesus in torment and subjected to the scourge.

8. Vidit suum dulcem natum
Moriendo desolatum
Dum emisit spiritum

8. She saw her sweet offspring dying, forsaken, while He gave up his spirit