Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Prayers Please

My friend and in-law Michael (pictured here at our wedding, back centre, with his mother and step-father/my uncle) has been plagued with heart problems for a while now. Over the past couple of days, he has been admitted to hospital with a further heart attack. As far as I know he has had angioplasty. I think this is a very serious cause for everyone to storm heaven with prayers. Michael is only in his 20s, and to have such concerns is awful for him and his family. Please, please pray for him; that he will be granted respite and comfort by our Lord. Moreover, pray to St. John of God, patron of heart patients, for a miracle.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that. I will certianly pray for him.

    Just to say that I answered your Q's on my blog re: cycle regularity for NFP use, and menorrhagia

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers! My prayers!

    I have had blood pressure issues and that alone is scary. How horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God helps those who help themselves:

    Put the dogma you picked up in medical school aside for a moment, and look into EDTA chelation, and, more importantly, into Broda Barnes, MD, PhD's spectacular research linking undiagnosed thyroid problems in a few with seemingly healthy t3, t4 and tsh values with heart attacks.

    Both treatments are not officially recognized, but vastly superior to anything conventional cardiologists have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cs: how very inappropriate of you to comment in such a manner. Shame on you. Keep suggestions like that where they belong, not targeted at patient's families but rather the medical profession. I assume you have very little belief in the power of prayer, despite the body of evidence to back that up?

    I am only a medical student, and have no plans of becoming a cardiologist. If these treatments you suggest are indeed effective, then evidence will show this, and they will be recognised.

    ReplyDelete