Thursday, October 26, 2006

St. Philip Neri Church in Mansfield

A few weeks ago I was in Nottingham visiting family, and was very happy to pay a visit to this lovely Church in Mansfield. I regularly attend the Birmingham Oratory, and so a place like this really made me feel at home! There is a website which contains more pictures; from this, it seems a typical 'springtime' parish of the Catholic Church. But we were sheltered from this on our visit, because we went specifically for their bi-monthly Tridentine mass. This occurs on the second and fourth Sunday of each month. Check the Latin Mass Society for exact dates; I'd highly recommend this wonderful mass (it was Missa Cantata when we went, complete with Asperges at the beginning) in a beautiful setting. Deo Gratis!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I heard Fr. Ziomek is very good at doing the Missa Cantata. Pity they couldn't have one every Sunday and Holy Day. I reckon the church would be full as it probably is for the bi-monthly ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful church, and Fr Philip is so dignified in saying mass. he doesnt rush!. Ist truly very spiritual and inspiring. I attend mass here everyday and its a joy to be part of the congregation.

    ReplyDelete