Sunday, June 06, 2010

Papal Visit Fundraising


Just now I tried to donate to papal visit online
but a run-time error. And I was feeling generous on this transferred feast of Corpus Christi. No wonder they're way off-target.

I hope that if the Pope won't go to Coventry Airport, then perhaps (flying there en route) to Birmingham or Oxford instead, closer to Newman's site of ministry.


I picture the Cathedral and Oratory filled with huge TV screens and services of Holy Communion. This would be an excellent service, if thought of, and reminicient of the installation of Archbishop Bernard Longley. I thought this a big success.

I would love to see the streets lined with Catholics and Non-Catholics, eager to catch a wave of the Holy Father.

Do continue to pray for the Oratory here in Birmingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment