Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Honour of serving God




What return shall I make to You for this grace? For it is not given every man to forsake all things, to renounce the world, and undertake the religious life. Is it anything great that I should serve You Whom every creature is bound to serve?

It should not seem much to me; instead it should appear great and wonderful that You condescend to receive into Your service one who is so poor and unworthy. It is a great honour, a great glory to serve You and to despise all things for Your sake. They who give themselves gladly to Your most holy service will possess great grace. They who cast aside all carnal delights for Your love will find the most sweet consolation of the Holy Ghost.

Imitation of Christ III Ch 10

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I hope you don't mind me doing this. I am tagging you for a "prayer meme". It can be found at Mulier Fortis : http://mulier-fortis.blogspot.com/2010/07/prayer-meme.html

    ReplyDelete