Friday, April 24, 2009

True Concelebration


Here is a stunning photo by Roy of the Middlesborough LMS blog, from the Ushaw Training Conference. This traditional mode of concelebration, private masses at side altars, is seldom seen nowadays. It is almost a more beautiful sight than a High Mass in full swing. It calls to mind silence, stillness, simplicity and holiness. I pray that all the priests who attended will be inspired and blessed to offer the Traditional Latin Mass to their parishioners. See Joe Shaw's blog for more details.

4 comments:

  1. A site not uncommon in The London Oratory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am disappointed to hear that since the recent debacle at the Latin Mass Society the New Liturgical Movement has banned mention of it on its website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is Mr. Shaw no longer a contributor to the MLM? I notice that his name and photo are missing from the list of contributors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the answer to those last two questions, but I daresay it all has something to do with the duo of Laurence Hemming and Alcuin Reid, and its best if I don't repeat the things I have heard concerning them.

    ReplyDelete