Monday, July 07, 2008

New Look Valle

A commenter has noted the altered appearance of my site and suggested that it was better the other way around. Well, I'm afraid in my experimentation I messed the whole thing up, lost lots of 'widgets' and am faced with starting afresh.

I prefer the fixed width format now because it means the header stays put. There was a way I used previously where the header resized across the whole width according to the size of the window, but alas I have not been able to recall how. The most annoying thing is that I've lost my excellent tabs which made my template the envy of blogdom. And again, I can't remember how I did them.

Anyway, its now a work in progress and I'd welcome any feedback on changing colours and layout etc. but find that blogger beta is harder than ever to hack with. Once again, I'm sorry to the people who keep checking back for updates. I will commit something to writing later this week after I've got a big presentation out of the way on Wednesday. God bless everyone.

5 comments:

  1. I prefer this template - the old one took ages to load up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was changing my blog layout, I set up another blog site, without public access, and used that for experimenting, as I was afraid I might lose things on the original site if I experimented with it - just a helpful suggestion for your next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...so long as your writing style and content doesn't change who are we to moan!!! C.G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete