Friday, December 28, 2007

Expectation of Oliver

I am pleased to point my readers in the direction of a fellow Brother of the Birmingham Little Oratory - Oliver Hayes. He has recently started a new blog entitled The Expectation of Our Lady. This is the old feast day of December 18, which Oliver is happy to shed some light upon. I think everyone will agree that this image of Our Lady, heaving with advanced pregnancy, is a very valuable one, and close to any mother's heart! I remember quite clearly this stage with Wendy: the feeling of discomfort and eager anticipation, as well as acute awareness of the budding life within.

Most interestingly, Oliver sheds some light on what it is like to be part of the elitist Oratory Choir. I do recommend a read, since it truly enlightened me as to the work that is put in. Oliver failed to mention the wages, but I'm sure they are only paid a pittance!

3 comments:

  1. Oh really Matt, referring to this blog of mine as the Expectation of Oliver! And if you were in the choir, you would not think of it as an elite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you can take a joke Oliver! Besides, there is such a thing as good elitism. Everyone aspires to sing like you, which can only raise the bar for the church and for the quality of music emanating from shower-rooms all over Birmingham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now boys! That's enough of that! Love from auntie Jackie!

    ReplyDelete