Friday, April 27, 2007

Exam Time!!

Next week I have exams for my final placements of the year, and the medicine course as a whole! Although I still have a professional development programme to follow, and a re-sit in June, THE END IS IN SIGHT!!! In fact, I recently found out that despite the MTAS fiasco, I've got a job secured for August at a nearby District General Hospital. Hurray!

So posting will be thin on the ground until 4th May. But rest assured, I have many exciting things to write about, including two Pugin Cathedrals, the ornate chapel of the Birmingham Children's Hospital, and the architecture of old Birmingham. Not forgetting a parenting update, and maybe even some contribution from my wonderful wife (who also has some interesting things up her sleeve)! So watch this space!!

A recent picture of Madeleine to wet your appetite!

12 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your exams Matt. My daughter has her finals in May , so I know how you feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i'm glad to see you're busy..wouldn't want you enjoying the sunshine like me! We need some workers.lol
    Great news about your job...you must be pretty good??
    & as for that baby i'm determined to have one before i hit 45! Don't tell Andrew pleeese!
    Chapel at the Women's hey?
    God bless..yes get Wendy posting & we can do girl's talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie... I think Andrew would suspect something if he wasn't involved in the making of your 11th child!!

    I meant Children's hospital (now edited). I wouldn't described the chapel at the Women's Hospital as 'ornate' although it does have a Mass every Monday lunchtime, which is more than I can say for the Children Hospital's "communion service"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Matt, will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Congrats for your job! That is great! What will you be doing in your first job?

    Ah, so in Birmingham you do all of your finals before the summer?

    Here we have to do all our finals in June (before starting work in August)
    (..but I am a year younger than you, so I dont have that for another year anyway!)

    Good luck with your upcoming exams.

    :-)

    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeh Matt you might be right there! lol.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for your exam.

    (Medics! "Whet", dear boy, "whet"!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best in your exams old chap - will be praying for you! :) Looking forward to Wendy's bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks to me like Maddy's been eating some Farley's rusks!

    Only joking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck, mate. Dominus vobiscum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ttony got there first. One "whets" one's appetite, meaning to sharpen it. (I am sorry. I can't help myself. I am an inveterate spell-checker.) Anyway, Matt, I just found your offering - great blog, beautiful baby, good mom and dad, I am sure. I will be back. God bless to look and listen and spell check. Good luck on the exams.

    ReplyDelete