Monday, November 17, 2008

Sung Requiem at Birmingham Oratory

BUMP - For Your Attention!

Reginald Cardinal Pole was the last Archbishop of Canterbury, dying on 17th November 1558 (the same day as Queen Mary). It will therefore be the 450th anniversary of his death this month.


Sung Requiem Extraordinary Form
Monday, 17th November 2008 at 7.30pm



The Birmingham Oratory will be saying a Missa Cantata in the Traditional Roman Rite for the repose of his soul (although I'm sure he's a martyr and will have gone straight to heaven!)

P.S. I have been gracefully informed that although he died within hours of Queen Mary, it was to influenza and not to the axe. Therefore - Not a martyr!

Other Masses on this day around the country are:

St Wilfrid's Chapel, Brompton Oratory, London (Low Mass, 12 noon)
Side Chapel, Fisher House, Cambridge (Low Mass, 6pm)
Corpus Christi Church, Covent Garden, London (Missa Cantata, 7pm)

Saturday November 29th - St Andrew's Chapel, Westminster Cathedral (Low Mass, 4.30pm)

3 comments:

  1. I was so grateful to be able to see this mass last Sunday. I wonder if it's available on DVD or online to watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the mass went very well last night. I enjoyed listening to Fr Anton's talk about how burning at the stake is quite painless! Have you been to my film blog yet?

    ReplyDelete