Friday, February 09, 2007

Upcoming Baptism!

Here is the next member of Christ's One, Holy, Roman, Catholic and Apostolic Church! A picture of Madeleine having a dress rehearsal (minus the bonnet) in preparation for 2pm tomorrow. We eagerly anticipate this wondrous event, which will be a beautifully crafted Old Rite Mass followed by Baptism. We have so many people praying for us; we ask to pray that Maddy will derive every grace and blessing from this. Also, that all present may be touched deeply by this magnificent sacrament.

We have both the godparents here, which was no easy feat, since Birmingham is having its annual 'big freeze' which meant the roads were hectic. A coach from London and a train from King's Lynn later - and they're here safe. But the snow is also an excellent opportunity for me to take pictures. So here's one:

To thee only have I sinned, and have done evil before thee: that thou mayst be justified in thy words and mayst overcome when thou art judged. For behold I was conceived in iniquities; and in sins did my mother conceive me. For behold thou hast loved truth: the uncertain and hidden things of thy wisdom thou hast made manifest to me. Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be cleansed: thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow.
Psalm 50:6-9

6 comments:

  1. aww! She looks like a little angel!

    hope the day goes wonderfully!

    with love & prayers,

    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I will be thinking of you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Hope all goes well & Madeline is as richly blessed as all my children have been.

    In Corde Martris,

    God bless,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gulp*

    Now there's a sight to bring tears to the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A crown on her head and she'll look like the infant of Prague!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful child. Congratulations, Sir.

    ReplyDelete