Sunday, February 25, 2007

Catholic Mom of 10!

Go this way to see to see a new blog up and running by Jackie Parkes, a fellow Birmingham Oratory parishioner, busy managing 10 kids. Today Wendy and I came down off the heavenly realms of the 12.45pm generously granted diocesan indult Tridentine Mass in the cloister chapel, and joined Jackie for the 12pm Family Mass (the rowdy rabble who make it hard for us pious mantilla missal clad people to concentrate on the Latin rambling) so that we could go back to the Parkes' residence for light lunch and blogging tutorials. What fun! I am so proud that Jackie has now managed to navigate Blogger and add links on her sidebar. Congrats! I look forward to reading more, Jackie, and maybe even some updates of the Women's Book Club so I'll know what my wife is up to...

P.S. Hope you note the sense of sarcastic banter!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Matt!

    All the same it must have been a bit of a culture shock meeting my rabble!
    My children just don't seem to be the shy, retiring types...can't think where they get that from! Fr Sean from the Philippines, describes a visit to our house as semi-chaotic! & that was on a good day! Sigh..Mind you it is a bit like Captain Von Trapp..when their father's home...

    We really enjoyed the visit..roll on part 2.

    I think your take on the Tridentine Mass was good...i think we need to avoid being over serious..so i think you captured the mood in a light-hearted way.

    Lizzie, just shouted,,'that baby was so cute!'.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete