Sunday, February 11, 2007

Baptism Video

I would have loved to have taken a video clip of Maddy's moment of sanctification yesterday, and uploaded it to YouTube for everyone's viewing pleasure. But I didn't (ha ha!) so I thought I would leave you with a clip from a wonderful Novus Ordo baptism:





I'm just kidding. But my good friend did present this clip to me by saying;

"I just wanted to show what a Novus Ordo baptism looks like in real life:
... I think you'll agree that we did the best for Maddy."

I'd better leave it at that. Still waiting for the official pics of the day, in which I can present the wonderful Baptism to you. It'll be worth the wait. Wendy's Dad took them with his astonishingly large camera, and a great photographer he is too. His native Anglican church wouldn't allow him to take pictures of their 'copyrighted services', so I think he was in his element at the Birmingham Oratory!

8 comments:

  1. That is a sad video.
    How terrible that such displays of anger and agression should take place between a Priest and parishoner...especially in a Church.


    looking forward to the pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, heck! Like Antonia says, it's a horrible video!

    Do show us pics when you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she asked the priest if the baptism was going to be old rite?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad, yes. But I still laughed hysterically. I think Matthews set up describing the video as a 'wonderful NO baptism' made it especially funny.

    'wonderful' and 'novus ordo' don't go hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we Texans are too meek and mild, but I never saw a Novus Ordo baptism degenerate into a brawl - and I've been at 8 for my family alone. So much for "what a Novus Ordo baptism looks life in real life."

    Texans brawl in bars, thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Texans brawl in bars not baptisms, eh? Do Texans also take jokes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not from Englishmen, thank you...we still recall how grumpy you got when some pranksters dressed as Indians and dumped tea into some harbor or other.

    Fine. I'll take the joke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cool.

    One of the priests who taught me was a chronic drunk and had been a boxer in his college days. Watching this argument brought up fond memories. He never went quite this far, but this is a great video; it shows that priests are also human.

    ReplyDelete