Monday, February 19, 2007

Apologies, Pipelines, and Delirium

On older computers, the screen resolution may not be high enough for some of my posts with columns to work. I apologise for this, but haven't got the time to check compatibility and adjust accordingly. I hope the majority of my readers will be able to enjoy the posts on baptism and the text contained therein.

Coming up over the next few days are reflections on the Votive Mass to Our Lady (salve sancta parens from the first words of the Introit) which preceded Madeleine's Baptism, with some of the most amazing photos I could imagine of the beautiful Lady Altar at the Birmingham Oratory. To have a Tridentine Mass offered in the main church was such an honour, and one I will not easily forget. I look forward to sharing the photos with some LMS reps whose family actually paid for this altar to be built.

Continuing Madeleine's Baptism post, I have pictures and text of her consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, which I will also put up this week. I am a devotee of Our Lady's apparitions at Fatima, despite having never visited the shrine itself. Therefore I believe that consecrating oneself to Mary's Immaculate heart is an honour and duty which will yield much fruit in the spiritual battle that constantly rages, here in this 'Lacrimarum Valle' (Vale of Tears).

And there is always more baby photos for those who are that way inclined! Last night Madeleine was dressed in the most peculiar way, with an oversized bib, mittens, and an odd arrangement of pyjamas, making her look like some sort of low-budget superhero from the Incredibles! I will have to share a photo of this with you soon. It probably won't make anyone else laugh, but understand that we are delirious through lack of sleep at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment